My 37th week

Friday, March 6, 2009

(rocking chair and pack'n'play, set up in the livingroom... waiting for baby!)

Appointment:

Well on the way up to Topeka, Bobby wanted me to drive so he could get some homework done. I was cool with that until I started getting light headed and queasy. I ended up having to pull over and have Bob drive. I hadn't felt that nauseous probably since the beginning of my pregnancy and the whole morning sickness thing!
Anyways we got to the Birthing Center just fine and they did the normal check ups. I was then 117 (gained 2 pounds since last appointment!) which is good! I'm only measuring at 33 wks though... but I’ve been that many weeks behind the whole pregnancy. They don't act like it's a problem. Before they told me that the measuring isn't 100% just an estimate, still makes me a little uneasy. Her heart beat was 120 which we asked if that was a problem because she has been a steady 150 all through my pregnancy. She told us that it wasn't a problem, that heart rate of the baby goes up and down all the time, she just may be sleeping or something.
One thing she did mention though was that Anabel was lying posterior (which means face up/her back to my back) so she said that she needs to flip and have her back to the top of my belly/face down. So she said a simple exercise will most likely get her to flip, which is called 'pelvic rocking'. Pelvic rocking is where you get on your hands and knees and arch your back, then relax, and do again and again. I've been trying to do that at least an hour a day.... but Anabel moves all the time, she will flip how she is suppose to be, then flip back. If she can move that much I think everything will be fine once I go into labor, I’m not worried.

She has been pushing on my cervix a ton lately. Yesterday it was constant for a very long time. I wonder with all the pushing if she will stay in there until the end of March or not, hehehe

The rest of my week:

Well it actually has been really good, as in I’ve got a lot of stuff done. Yesterday when we got back from my dentist appointment we found that the land lady had came into the house and fixed our bathroom drain and put new light bulbs in which was sweet.... but I didn't know she was going to do that that morning and Bobby had prepared the food the night before and well.... the kitchen was grouse! So I was a little unhappy that she came in when the house was grouse! But oh well!

Last night I wasn't feeling all that great because I hardly got any sleep. I had woken up and gone to the bathroom like three times and then by the last trip to the bathroom at 4am I couldn’t really get back to sleep after that. So I barely got any sleep, especially restful sleep! But despite all that I did get a second wind and was able to pick up the house like I haven’t been able to in a long time! It was nice to get the house looking better.


(Look at my table! It's clear! It hasn't been clear in months >_<)

Tomorrow is Saturday and it’s my last day of scheduled work for I hope a long time to come! I open (8am) to noon, then I’m off for good! I like being off and able to get things done at the house that have been neglected for a long time! I know I will get bored eventually but soon the baby will be here and then I’ll have non-stop stuff to do, LOL.
If I get to bored there is tons of sewing I could do! There is a lot of baby cloths and things I want to make, also I would like to make myself some nice spring/summer cloths for after the baby comes.

Bobby started his job yesterday so his schedule will be 4pm-1am, always having Mondays off. So days like today I get to see him off to class, then maybe one hour for lunch and then that’s it! Tomorrow I will see him after work until he goes in, so for like 3 hours. It will be hard on me because I’m so use to having him there with me when he is not in class…. I will miss him terribly! But we really need the money, especially since I’m stopping work myself. I do thank God for his job, I just need to get use to it!

0 comments: