39th week appointment

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The appointment went pretty well, she said all was normal. I didn’t gain any weight and my belly hasn’t grown any that she can tell but she said that is pretty common for as late in my pregnancy as I am. Head is still down, still has a great heart rate. Said she thought baby felt like she was in the low ‘6’s’ when it comes to weight.

We talked about natural ways to help push things along. I had looked some stuff up online but I didn’t feel like I should do anything till I talked to her about it. We also talked about the Group B Strep test because she had said she would do it again on this appointment if I wanted to re-take it. Bob said that even if I got a negative result this time he still would like me to get the IV and antibiotics ‘just in-case’ so I was like heck, if I’m going to get the IV anyways there is no need to retest. So we didn’t.

After figuring out which things were ok for me to take we headed over to the natural foods store to get some herbs. She none of these things where technically suppose to ‘induce labor’ but they did help the process and where completely safe. We got ‘Evening Primrose Oil’ which I can take several times daily and even up me vaginally. Primrose is to help soften or ‘ripen’ the cervix. Then we got ‘Red Raspberry Tea’ which she said it a ‘uterine toner’ and might cause Braxton Hicks to become more intense so she recommended not drinking the tea before bed.

I also got some pro-biotics to take because she said it is something good to take since I am going to have antibiotics during labor. I took some when we got home by opening the capsule and pouring it in a spoonful of jell-o, LOL

Now that I got the facts of my day out, I will go more into the ‘details’. When at the natural foods store I started feeling really really crappy and had to go sit in the car while Bob rounded everything up for me and paid. Well a few minutes after sitting out there I got this feeling that I was going to throw up. That’s a normal feeling I’ve had the last couple of days but I hadn’t actually done it. Well today was different. I opened the van door to get some cool air blowing on me, which helped but didn’t stop it. I was so thankful I had brought some water with me in a plastic cup because otherwise I would have thrown up on the ground for all to see. It was the first time I’ve thrown up this entire pregnancy and I hope the last. I felt ok afterwards, a little shaky but that’s it. It was a little weird.

Through out the entire day I’ve had waves of feeling icky and then feeling completely normal. It’s a weird icky feeling, not really like I’m sick or coming down with something… it’s odd.

We helped some friends move a little today… ok I sat there and talked while Bobby helped, but still! LOL After we got home and Bobby had to rush to work, I laid down for a nap, around 4pm. At 4:30pm I woke up with painful shooting pains down around my cervix. That has been going some for 2 hours now, about a minute apart, wonder if it keep up or not.
I just drank my first glass of Red Raspberry tea… surprised that I got it down and it wasn’t horrid! Now we will see if it really does cause bad Braxton Hicks, LOL And I just took another Primrose Oil pill.

Me and the midwife also talked about Castor Oil for induction but I think I’ll wait a little while for that. She said it only works if your body is ready for labor, like you are dilated some or you are effaced some. So I think I could take it, because last time checked she said I was 2cm and effaced some. So it might work for me, who knows. She said you take like 2 Tbs. in the morning, you will have diarrhea in the afternoon and usually a baby by evening, LOL But I still would like to go into labor without that kind of help. I get in these ‘I want things to hurry up’ moods and then later scold myself for letting myself think that way. I should just calm down and go with the flow of things. I will continue to take these herbs since they are not supposed to induce labor, just help once you are labor.

I just want to see my little girl and hold her in my arms. This ‘wanting’ is just killer!

0 comments: