40 week appointment

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yesterday was my 40wks Birthing Center appointment. There was a baby in the process of being born when we got there so we had to wait a while before a midwife could come and see us for our appointment. When she did finally come she was in a big hurry and said she would have to make it quick.

Quick facts are: I had gained 1 pound and grown 1 cm which was great compared to last week which I hadn't gained or grown that they could tell.

She asked if I wanted to be checked and I said 'whatever you think' but really I was thinking 'of course I do!'..... BUT since she was in a hurry she said she would do it next appointment (March 31st) I really wish I would have said 'yes' I want to know if there is any progress or that all this pain and discomfort and sleepless nights have been for nothing so far. Oh well... no use crying over spilled milk is there?!

She said Anabel was still face forward so I needed to do pelvic rocking to try and flip her over. She said that it felt like her head was lying on my pelvis and that it might cause the shooting pains I’ve been having. Now that I’ve thought about it I was wondering if Anabel has been on my pelvic bone all this time and all these contractions and pains haven’t been doing anything for my cervix because maybe she hasn’t been right on it? I don’t know though since I HAVEN’T been checked! Grr…

She told me I was having a contraction as she went to feel for the baby. I told her I always second guess myself and am unsure if I’ve having a contraction or she’s just pushing so dang hard. She said next time she would check me and put me on some monitors to see if there is any contraction actions. But I don’t want to wait another week for that. I want this baby by then! I wish she could have done it then, gave me lots of encouraging words and info like ‘wow you are already dilated to a 4! You’ll have this baby in a few days’ or something! Now I just continue to wait and see which I guess I’m destined to do.

I hope we have a baby before the 31st though!

Starting at the Birthing Center and going (it seemed) all day long I had contractions about every 30 min. I was so exhausted and moody, poor Bobby! My legs and back where in so much pain all day that by 10:30pm Bob made me soak in the tub to try and relax me. He brought the laptop in the bathroom and pulled a chair in for him and we sat and watched a movie while I soaked. We both started dozing off so I had him help me to bed. I didn’t get much sleep for hours because she felt like she was head banging my pelvis bone over and over again, sending very sharp pains, I cried. We ended up rigging the pillows up where I could lay on my stomach but where my belly wasn’t really getting much pressure on it. I was so worried even though I wasn’t putting much weight on my belly because of the way the pillows where. I kept asking Bob ’are you sure? You sure I’m not hurting Anabel’ He had to reassure me several times before I actually settled down and slept some. There for awhile she went totally crazy! I don’t think she liked to position at all! She was kicking and pushing so incredibly hard I almost thought I couldn’t handle it. She did end up settling down and I dozed off. Some time during the night the contractions stopped and she stopped head banging me (at least I didn’t notice it anymore).

0 comments: