Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Everybody thought yesterday was so beautiful, and it was nice. The sun was shining, the temp. nice… but i think today is much better. It’s a little chilly and soft rain. That’s what i like.

I am currently laying on the couch, with the window open, listening to the rain and the birds sing… soooo nice.

We had young couple meeting last night so we didn’t get to sleep until midnight, Anabel slept all night until she fussed at 5am, like usual. Last night right before we left the meeting my right leg started acting up. Something that has been happening to me off and on during this pregnancy. Muscles feel like knots all down the outside of my leg, hurts bad, and makes it hard to walk. I put Icey Hot on my leg last night and tried to be really still so i at least could get some sleep. I didn’t think it would cure the leg issue, but that it would help me sleep at least. When Anabel did wake up at 5am and at 6am, i asked Bob if he could tend to her so i didn’t have to move, which he, that lovely man. At around 7:30am she woke up and i knew it was for good, so i went and got her.

I picked her up and quickly set her down. She was soaked, even her sleeves, it wasn’t fun. I immediately stripped her and got her in the bath. Afterwards Bob took and laid down in the bed while i went and soaked in the tub, in hopes of helping my poor leg.

When i got out Anabel and Bob were passed out on the foot of bed, Anabel laying on dad’s chest. And that is when the above took place ‘I am currently laying on the couch, with the window open, listening to the rain and the birds sing’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later…..

 

Bob came down stairs shortly after i wrote the above paragraphs. I took Anabel from him and she was whining. I thought as first that maybe she was just hungry because it was later in the morning and she usual had eaten by then. So i got her set up with her favorite breakfast, eggs and fruit. Usually she eats up to 2 full eggs everyone morning but today she refused to eat it. I tried the fruit, and she got about 1/2 a fruit cup down, still whining off and on during the meal. I had a feeling that maybe she wasn’t feeling good, i even said to Bob that i wondered if she wasn’t feeling good because she usually never whines like this, even if she is in a bad mood.

I thought he knew, but i guess Bob hadn’t heard last night about the 2 sick boys at the young couples meeting. One infant had Bronchitis and double ear infection at the time of the meeting and the other mom said her toddler boy had had a fever the night before, but you couldn’t tell by looking at them, they seemed fine. I remember hearing this last night and worrying about Anabel.

When i picked Anabel up out of the high chair i could feel she felt hot. I asked Bob if she felt hot and he said he thought so. She was hot all over, her neck, head, cheeks, even her little hands. Poor thing. We took her temp and she does have a fever.

I called my sis for some advise cause Anabel has never been sick like this, only a cold. We gave her come vit. C and juice, dressed her in some warm jammies and got her cuddled on my chest under a blanket. Later Bob went and got her some baby Tylenol to help with the fever and we have been putting a cold rag on her head.

She seems to be a little cooler then this morning. And she has been sleeping a lot… i know that’s all i want to do when i am sick. And when she is awake she has been watching Veggie Tales, cuddled with me. She has been drinking a lot, which is very good and Bob went and got her some special kids juice with electrolytes or something in it. I not 100% sure what it does for her, but Bob said it’s something she needs while she is sick.

I pray that this is only a one day thing, and that she feels a lot better by tonight. I feel bad for her. I know what it’s like, but she is small… i keep checking on her… me being a worry mom. I just love her so much and hate that she feels bad.

Sad thing is, is that i know that this is the first of many many many sicknesses she is going to have.

Even though that she is being an angel about it, i don’t want to leave her side, i want to be there to comfort her. I think the house is going to go to pot today because i don’t want to leave her side. Oh well, the house is not as important as my little angel :)

0 comments: