Birthday Cake

Monday, March 4, 2013

On my list of things to gather for the birth that i got from the midwife suggested a cake mix if i wanted to do a cake for the baby.

When i had Abby at the Kansas City birthing center it was so nice because they served me breakfast in bed and baked me a chocolate cake to bring home and share with the family. I thought that was really cool.

So i remembered the Big Bird cake pan i won on the family ‘Price Is Right’ game we played at the family Christmas and thought that would be a great pan to use. I bought a chocolate cake mix and cream cheese frosting (cause that is my favorite frosting)

The girls saw it and i told them that maybe after baby Matthew is born, when grandma and grandpa bring them back home that i bet someone would help them bake the cake for baby Matthew. They were so stoked about that! And now when i mention Matthew coming they start talking about making him the cake :)

I keep having this feeling the baby will come at night… probably because it seems really typical that babies come at night… plus Abby did…. maybe Anabel too but I'm going blank on that one.

I already have in my head that when the baby comes I'm sending someone out or having someone bring me when they come, doughnuts and a cheese burger with fries LOL Oh yes!

0 comments: