36 Week Midwife Appointment

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Had my appointment this morning. Finally i have broke the 130lb mark that i have been stuck at the last couple of visits, i am now 132lbs lol It’s something! Total of 22lbs gained so far with this bugger.

Everything looked good. They did the GBS test. Hoping that it comes back negative but it was positive with the girls so I'm not getting my hopes up really.

She said head is ‘Way way WAY down in there’ (her words), but not ‘engaged’ yet. Some babies don’t engage till labor starts so not really worried about that. Yesterday started up the loose hips again for me which means my hips are loosening so they can spread… which could help in the head getting even lower, so babies head still could engage before labor… it’s just all up in the air really. It’s been causing me to limp though LOL and it hurts too when the joints are loose like that.

She also gave me the birthing pool to bring home.

100_3715

She said that we should do a test run at setting it up soon to make sure we have the connections for it to hook up to our sink and that also we need to buy a new hose to connect to it. I also found out today that the pool liner is not something i buy through them but that i actually have to order it, so when i got back home that was the first thing i did. She said it should be delivered in plenty of time before the birth.

The next scheduled visit is a home visit on the 19th. So they will be coming here to check out the house, see where everything is and get a feel for things. I’m sure they will want to look at my supplies and see the nursery, that sort of thing. Then they went ahead and scheduled the next in office appointment for the 26th. Lets see if we make it that far. Bugger could want to come early or hang on in there.

Some time very soon when Hubs is home we need to call the in-laws and pow wow about what for sure the plans are for the girls. I know for starters we are calling good friends of ours that live in town to come pick up the girls and from there we call the in-laws to pick them up from the friends…. but the plans after that I'm not sure of, which for my peace of mind i want to try and get a rough idea of.

Haaaa it’s crazy how close it will be before i have another little one in my arms! I’m so excited!

0 comments: