The Nesting Bug

Friday, June 18, 2010

Another day of getting a ton done, yet still more to do.

So this morning Bob let me order some stuff online. Here is what i got:

nipple-butter

URL to Item
postpartumbathherbs_1_1

URL to Item

 

pdr1233295x369

I got this t-shirt for Anabel for the birth day. :)

I’m uber happy about my purchases! Can’t wait to get them! Also we have spent quite abit of time looking at bags online to be our new diaper bad. I recently made one but i didn’t think about the fact that i needed to make it for 2 babies instead of one. The one i made will in no way work for both babies and the first diaper bag i made, the zipper broke on it… so we are really needing a new bag. We found some really cool satchel type bags that i think will really work as a diaper bag, me and Bob are trying to finalize our decision though. If we end up getting one i will post a pic.

So today we spent a lot of time in our bedroom. Bob went through ALL his cloths and got rid of a ton. We now have a big donation pile going. I had a lot of baby blankets that i just will never use, so i’m donating them back to the Life Care Center, along with some old baby cloths that just aren’t my favorites.

So our bedroom is looking nicer and more orderly. I managed to vacuum the whole upstairs so that is nice.

We had looked at buying a birthing kit online but decided that half the stuff in the kit we wouldn’t use, so we decided that i should just put my own together. So tonight when i went shopping i bought everything i think i need for that and when i came home i put the bag together.

I also got some newborn diapers. We will end up using cloth and disposable, so i went ahead and bought some. I bought myself another bra. One that opens in the front so hopefully i will be able to still wear it and nurse. I was sick of only having two bras that really fit me. I got some shoes for $1 and a sun dress for $3 and didn’t realize until i bought them that they match each other, so that’s sweet! I got Anabel some baby makers so we can do some drawing and…. well besides groceries i think that’s about it.

I’m really quite happy with myself. Sept i am really starting to feel anxious about the diaper bag. I want the diaper bag now, so i can fill it up properly. I’m worried that i won’t have a diaper bag ready when i go into labor. Although i guess labor doesn’t just happen really quick normally… i should have time to put a bag together for the babies and myself even if i went into labor first…. i hope. Still i feel anxious about it. I think my body is trying to let me know the baby is going to be here sooner then i think. Which time is going by really fast!

I have a lot to do to my down stairs still. Hopefully i will be able to get a lot of it done tomorrow. Bob seems to be on board with getting things ready. Tonight he said ‘So what are the plans for tomorrow? Get some more cleaning done?’ so hopefully that means he will be willing to help :D

Bob even said i should call and set up an appointment to get the sewing machine brought in and fixed! That made me really happy!

I’m getting really close to having everything ready. It’s exciting!

0 comments: