A wonderful gift

Saturday, April 4, 2009

What a wonderful thing it is that God has created, for us to carry another life within ourselves. It is so amazing yet frightening. It is so much responsibility and so much joy! To feel your little one move inside you is unexplainable. You can’t get your baby out of your mind, you think about them constantly. I know for me if I wasn’t consciously thinking about my baby, she was at the back of mind, always present, no matter what I did. I often thought my husband was going to get tired of me because it seemed as though every time I opened my mouth it had to do with something about my little one. It was hard to think of anything else for to long.

Now that I am at the end of my pregnancy everything is still the same yet there is an added anxiousness that nags at you. Before you just enjoy being pregnant and everything that comes with it, then once the end is so close in sight a switch is turned inside of you. You want your little one in our arms and you want it so badly that it will almost drive you insane to wonder when that moment will happen.

I have been longing to hold my little girl for so long it seems eternity. The last several weeks seem like the longest even though it is not so. I think it is because you know the time is so very close and that you get so uncomfortable. All your aches and pains that you have had throughout the pregnancy seem to get ten times worse and ten times more unbearable. Your hormones are so imbalanced that every little thing can get at you.

You have to keep reminding yourself that what you have worked for nine months or over to have is almost in your grasps. That the best is yet to come, and you only have to be patient for a little while longer.

I cannot wait to see my precious little girl! What a wonderful and glorious day that will be! I want to enjoy every moment with her as a baby; I know I will never get it back. I cannot help but think about the future and her growing up… although I know it will happen all too soon. Parenthood will be difficult and there might be many times I ask myself why I wanted this in the beginning, but I know it will all be worth it.

My future is bright and I can’t wait to see where it will go from here. I have a man that is far too perfect for me, a wonderful gift on her way and a God that has looked after us far better than I could imagine. Really there is nothing else I could ask for but for God to guild us and give us more little bundles of join in our path. I can’t wait to be a mother!

0 comments: