42 Week Appointment

Wednesday, April 8, 2009


42 weeks and 2 days pregnant.

I had my appointment yesterday. The midwife came and said she thought they had gotten my due date wrong because they didn’t factor in that I had a longer period cycle then the normal. They had written down that I had a 45 day cycle… I had to correct them and let them know it was actually a 35 day cycle. So she was going to say I wasn’t due until the 9th, but then had to change it to the due date I had calculated as April 1st. So I had been right all along and they were the ones off and making me stressed out, LOL BUT she said since they have been going by the old due date all along, that they would just stick with it o.0 So they still have my due date written as 3-24 making me over 42wks preggo… I’m not sure why they want to do it this way but ok!

So I guess I’m more like 7 days over due, instead of 2 weeks and 2 days. But I’ve still been 42+2 weeks preggo since they calculate it by the first day of your last period…. It’s been a long pregnancy it sure seems.

I think that way of calculating pregnancy is weird, because if you are like 38wks preggo, your baby really has only been growing for like 36wks… so why don’t they just call you 36wks preggo (seems like it makes more sense to me!)

Anyways they did a non-stress test and baby looked great she said. Then she checked me. I got the midwife I really like this time so the check up didn’t hurt near as bad (thank goodness!) She said my cervix was still a little high, but had moved down since last week (yay) She said I was as soft as I probably was going to get and that my cervix is only 1cm thick. She said hospitals usually go by % effaced but that they just go by cm… so a normal cervix is 3 cm thick to begin with, last week I was 2cm thick and this week I am 1cm thick (so my body is actually doing something! YAY!) I’m not dilated anymore yet, still at 1cm. My stomach had grown 1cm so now I measure at 38cm.

I’ve gained a total of 27 pounds so far. Never ever have I weighed this much before (119)


So there was a change this time and it made me feel so much more at ease! I was very crampy yesterday and had a lot of shooting pain and back pain… but today I haven’t had much of anything really.

Still the end is looking closer then it did before.

0 comments: