Ducky's Day

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Today it will have been 1 year since I miscarried my first little Angel. That day/week was a nightmare literally.

Bobby surprised me with a delivered gift. He had to go in this morning and observe some classes for his schooling and while he was gone I got a knock on the door. It took me awhile to get to the door because I was still in my sleep shirt but once I got there it was a lady with flower in hand: For those of you that don't know, a duck was the first and only stuffed animal that Bob bought for the baby. He wanted it to be the baby's theme. Dad Risch came up with the nick-name 'Ducky' and that is what we have called our little one all along. Bob ended up getting a tattoo of the duck he had bought, with the date Ducky passed away '4-9-08' underneath. The tattoo is on Bob's upper inside arm. Bob said he wanted it because he never wanted to forget our first baby.

Bob remembers everything and is so thoughtful! I don’t know how I got a man so sweet as him! And he acts like his acts of kindness are just natural, no big deal… but of course they are to me! His gift did make me totally cry though and then when he got back home he just held me and let me cry a little more. And though he wouldn’t admit it to just everyone, he cried too. It really touches me deeply when he is open with his emotions like that.

I’ve got the best guy there is ladies, sorry to inform you of that LOL

1 comments:

Mrs Mar said...

That is just so sweet of him, you are so lucky to have a man like that. Next month would be the month where my bean would of turned one. HUGs.