Easy

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Last night i came into the kitchen about 4:30pm-ish. I was being a slacker. I knew i had thawed meat in the frig that i needed to prep and get into meals (It was meant for freezer crock pot meals) and i had a MOPs meeting at 6pm and neither of the girls or me were dressed and ready either.

So i started in! I ended up putting together 3 freezer crock pot meals in about an hour! And most of the stuff cleaned up (by that i mean things put in the freezer and frig and dirty dishes in the sink and counters wiped)
I was so proud of myself!

This is what i put together:

  • Beef Stew
  • Loaded Baked Potato Soup
  • Meatloaf with Rosemary Potatoes
Recipes listed HERE

Then because i had put together a few days worth of outfits for the girls all i had to do was go in there and grab a hanger off the 'outfits' area of their closet. So i was able to get ready in record time for me doing it all by myself and no Hubby there to help. Plus i managed to get to MOPs only a few minutes past 6pm and i wasn't the latest one there so that made me feel better.

I felt very productive that night!

Now this morning i just grabbed out a prepared meal bag, popped it in the crock pot and dumped in the appropriate liquids it calls for and BOOM done.... well all sept i have to put in a loaf of bread ingredients in the bread machine but it's a UBER simple recipe so no big deal. I will be bringing this to youth group tonight as our meal so i'm thinking i might try to get two loafs of bread done cause they seem to really like my homemade bread :)

Also today i have to make up a bunch of homemade bagels. Hubby is going for a weekend for a conference (leaving tomorrow) and instead of paying the outrageous prices for food there he is bringing food with him. He wants bagels for his breakfast so i got to get to making them! Hope i can get this stuff done and still have time to rest and clean the house before he gets home lol We will see!

0 comments: