Busy Day

Saturday, February 23, 2013


Today was one of my active days. I got up early because Abby has gymnastics on Saturday morning. After that was done it was a bit of house cleaning. Then i had to be at Wal-Mart by 2pm because someone off of facebook was buying some of my old girls cloths. Since i would already be out i planned a shopping trip. I have started the weekly shopping like i talk about in my coupon blog (HERE). This week was a bigger week because some of my stock pile and supplies were either gone or almost gone. Like i only had one gallon of milk in freezer, something that can not be! And since milk was on sale for $1.99 again at Aldi's it was perfect time to stock up! So the milk should last several weeks now and some of the other things will last months. Like i had to buy a few seasonings and things like oil and lemon juice and diapers. So this trip was more expensive but half the stuff should last way more then a week! I also was able to buy Anabel some shirts that were on clearance with the money i made from selling stuff today, which is always fun! She needs cloths badly anyways since she is growing so fast!

Something i found at Wal-Mart that i am super excited about is Heinz All Natural Apple Cider with 'Mother' in it. This was exciting because last night i just pinned THIS on pinterest. This site said Wal-Mart didn't carry the apple cider vinegar with 'Mother' in it but today i stopped by just to check and there was a 'NEW' flag sailing next to this vinegar. I was so excited! Not only does is help cellulite it's suppose to help you lose weight because it speeds up your metabolism and it's known to help clear up your skin, relief joint pain ect. My Grandma and Grandpa took it to relief their arthritis. So with all those benefits i have been wanting to take it and my Hubby too cause one person wrote that they have bulging disks in their back just like my Hubby and that after taking this they where almost pain free.
So to help me i got out my half pint canning jars and made up 7 days worth of the stuff. I put in the frig so i can just grab it and drink.


Also with my produce i did a few of these helpful tips (HERE) also a pinterest find. Like putting my herbs stems in a jar of water with a bag over it in the frig, mushrooms in a brown paper bag, wrapping your banana stems in plastic and onions hung like this:


Tonight i'm also making a pinterst find meal. I have the recipe and my weeks meal plan listed (HERE) on my coupon blog. It's the Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells. I have garlic bread on the side.


And i decided to put breakfast together for in the morning too. Also a pinterest find and the recipe is listed in the above link. It's a crock pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. That way when we get up in the morning for church i don't have to think about what to make for breakfast!


My routine is that with grocery shopping also comes cleaning out the frig of any bad left overs and spoiled food, and wiping off the shelves. I find that if you take a few second to wipe off the shelves when they are at their emptiest your frig stays sooooo much cleaner and it's really easy to do!

I also grabbed out some meat from the freezer to thaw over night in the frig so that tomorrow i can quickly put together a couple meals on the meal plan. They are crock pot meals which you can prepare and freeze ahead of time. It's my first time doing it but i think it will be fun!

Well dinner is almost done. Better run!

0 comments: