Contractions... Been There, Done That!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Had an interesting even last night. I hadn't been feeling good most of the day yesterday and at lunch time i cooked myself some eggs and sausage thinking maybe some protein and more protein would help me feel better. After a few hours it did seem to help. I got up and started cleaning. Bob got home and we talked for a long time about several things. He had had a really bad day and we were just talking about that and then it lead into other things, not bad, just chatting. Then i started feeling a little worse again and made myself a chai tea smoothie. I kept cleaning after that and let bob take a little nap on the couch. I made a simple dinner and got tons of cleaning done in the kitchen... it's looking really good by then way!
I woke Bob up for dinner. When i tried to eat it started turning my stomach and then i started getting fairly bad pains in my back. I did start crying but i think it's just cause i was tired, had a day of feeling bad and just didn't want this on top of this! Bob would stop eating and massage my back a couple times when the pain would get the worst. I ended up not being able to eat and i tried different positions to relieve the pain... i laid down, slightly on my side, sat up, used Bob to kinda crouch on the couch (which terrible) and then it dawned on me.... i have had this before with Anabel.

With Anabel i had waves of what i called 'cramps' or brax and hicks which hurt and we ended up driving to the midwife to get checked. They hooked me up to a machine and told me to hit the button when i felt the pain. After awhile they had came in and checked the machine and said that i was having contractions but that they were so light that i shouldn't be feeling them... but boy i was! She told me that it was very normal for woman to have these sorts of contractions while pregnant but that they usually have no idea they are having them. And we all agreed that i guess i was very sensitive for me to be feeling them and causing me this much discomfort.

So this time i paid more attention and concentrated on the feeling of the pain. I could feel that the center of my back would start to tightened and it would slowly get more intense and start to wrap around my back until it was very very uncomfortable.... i would say 'hurt' but i know compared to real contractions this would be labeled 'uncomfortable'. lol
I wasn't worried because i had been there, done that, before. Now if they had gotten worse i would have started worrying but after a little over and hour they started getting better. I still over all felt like crap.
Bob got the girls up to bed then offered to take me up stairs to get comfy in our bed (our amazing ergo tempurpedic that i'm so lucky to have hehe) and turn on a movie. I knew there was a show that was going to come on soon that we usually watch together but we only have cable on our downstairs TV not our bedroom TV but he assured me that he was fine missing it and he just wanted me to get comfortable and would come with me up stairs and be with me. He is so sweet!
So we got everything shut down and all the lights unplugged down stairs, got some snacks and went up stairs. It was so nice to get in our bed!

In times like last night it is nice to have some experience and know not to get freaked out :) Even though it sucked!

0 comments: