Supplies

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ok so the shingles and wood are being delivered Thursday evening. They will have a cool thing on their truck that will transport the shingles onto the roof. Thank goodness for that because i couldn’t imagine Bob bringing all those up on his shoulder up a ladder. I was so nervous about that because Bob’s back is already messed up, i was worried he would mess it up even more!

Then the dumpster gets delivered Friday morning and Bob plans to start roofing then. It was another awesome thing that dumpster. The city just happened to be having a ‘dumpster deal’ in all of May. So we got the dumpster for incredibly cheap.

Getting a dumpster was one of our major concerns because we have so much stuff that we are going to have to dispose of, not only all the roof stuff but the concrete we are tacking up and the tree stump. We weren’t sure we would be able to afford a dumpster until we heard about the dumpster deal from our Pastor. If we would have waited a few days more, that sale wouldn’t have been on. I just count it as the Lord making a way for us.

It’s been awesome. I just think that it’s all God’s doing, getting us major deals on so many things! How else could we have so much ‘luck’ if it wasn’t him that was showing us and guiding us to the right places?

That’s why i feel confident that he will help us get the roof finished before the next stretch of rain comes and that he will protect the roof during that rain we have been having.

You know when most things happen in my life i always think it’s God’s hand. Mostly the good but in also the things that aren’t ideal.

Like last Thursday when i went up for my dentist appointment. Dad always drives me up there so he can watch Abby while I'm in my appointment. Well on the way up there it was raining really hard and the wipers on our van went out. I think it was God letting it happen while Dad was there with me. Because i would have been stuck on the side of the road. I wouldn’t have had the guts to drive on the shoulder of very busy highway and get off and find a auto shop. I would have been nervous to the bone and probably would have sat there until the rain stopped. So i believe God knew what was best for me and knew it would be best that it happened then instead of on my way home and me be stuck somewhere. God is so good!

My trust in him is growing, but it’s hard because I'm still human. But he has been there for me in…. well everything i can think of!

0 comments: