Post Wide Sale

Monday, May 16, 2011

So we went up to my brother and sisters yesterday to hang out (had tons of fun, like usual), spend the night and got up early to go to the Fort Riley post wide garage sales.

We got up at 4:30am and was in the car by 5:30am. Got some awesome deals!

Some of the things we got were:

  • A gas grill. Four burners and one side burner. We are so excited about it. We tested it before we bought it of course, it all seemed to work great. The cheapest i could find new of the same brand and size was $180, this one was listed at the garage sale at $100 but Bob talked her down to $75. So happy!
  • A DVD player for $3 (switch we put in the play room so Anabel can watch her Veggie Tales in there now.)

100_9953

  • Some gardening tools
  • Glass canisters. Which in one i put my coco and the other i put my baking soda. I love having glass canisters for everything! Love it love it!
  • Some sweet dress shoes for myself

100_9955Bob plans on making a shelf just for these baskets so they will fit better, but that will be after out many outdoor projects for sure!

  • I got 7 very large metal baskets (adore them!)
  • 3 Veggie Tales movies
  • Several adorable girl cloths along with a swimming suit for Bell.
  • Bob got some shop tool-clap things
  • An eight foot long shade that Bob has already installed in the living room front window.

100_9958

  • I got a stamping set of the complete alphabet and numbers along with a circle punch that will help me tremendously on my party projects. Bob got a couple dollars knocked off of these for me. But the lady had several other die cuts that i would have loved. Bob said later i should have went up to her and said i would buy all of them for $20 and saw what she said… but i am a chicken when it comes to that stuff… guess it was my loss :( But i am very pleased with what i did get!
  • Bob found the whole complete set of the Seinfeld show (he’s been wanting that for forever)

All in all it was a great trip. The grill was worth it all! YAY! And we didn’t hit even a forth of the sale that were out there probably. I think my sis said there was like 134 garage sale… CRAZY!

And best of all I had a great time with my sister, hubby and the kids!

0 comments: