40 Week Appointment

Thursday, April 4, 2013

100_4130100_4151 copy 

Had my 40wk midwife appointment today. They really made me feel good. Comforted me on the position of the baby.

At the beginning of the appointment she said the position was perfect, back forward and face down (not posterior like he had been) and then at the end she checked again and he had turned to the side. She said there was no reason to worry about the position at all.

Also (i won’t go into details) but there was signs that labor would be very soon in a test they did. She also said my uterus is very sensitive meaning any kind of pushing/feeling of it is making it contract, another good thing.

They went ahead and made an appointment for next Thursday but my midwife said it would most likely be a 'well baby check up' and that i would have him in the next couple of days. She said if not and i was still pregnant then she would check me and maybe do a sweep or something to get things going.

At the end i asked if there was anything special or different i should be doing and they both said no, that everything seemed to be going right on track and i shouldn't worry about a thing.

So YAY! I will admit, i was getting stressed about the posterior thing, but knowing he's flipping all over the place makes me more relaxed, that once labor starts it will most likely push him into the right place :)

So overall i am relieved and feel so much better about everything. I feel like i probably should get my butt up and do some house cleaning if really could come any day. Funny how in the back of my head before today i felt like it was going to be weeks because of his position. But they aren’t worried about his position so maybe i shouldn’t be either.

So I'm about to turn up some tunes and do a little house cleaning :)

Labels:

0 comments: