First Midwife Appointment

Thursday, November 29, 2012

So tonight was our first appointment with our midwife. See i'm saying 'our' because i really liked her and we want her to be our midwife. She seemed to have the personality that would work really well with me.

She talked about the normal stuff nutrition and even talked about with my about my issues i have with Abby and food and she gave me some great tips which we will do to better her nutrition! She found out i have the Group B Strep with both deliveries and she talked about it with me different then either of the other midwives had. The other midwives acted like it was no big deal, telling me it was the sort of thing that i could test positive one week and the next week it could be negative and the side effect were so slim that it wasn't nothing to worry about, just that i would have to have antibiotics administered before or during delivery. Kathy (this midwife) seemed like it was a bigger deal, but she said it was an immunity issue which i was never told. She also said there was steps i could take to help the test be negative. She said if i lessened my sugar intake, got some probiotics and ate greek yogurt i had a good chance of lowering my chances of getting it. She also gave me a paper on it that also said to up your vitamin C intake to help too. I told her i had a big issue with sugar and she said that might have played a role in me testing positive with the girls.

So tonight i had Bob stop and get me some of that icky healthy double fiber bread like she suggested and some greek yogurt. Ugh the lessening my sugar intake is going to suck! I ate quite a bit of the yogurt tonight.... i was able to stand it so that is a good thing.

She also said that since this is my third baby she would push my appointments to 6 weeks apart instead of 4.

She also gave me the option of having the baby at home, or for an extra fee having the baby at their birthing house which is a house with a big Jacuzzi tub and everything already set up. She mentioned the nice about that is we go there, have the baby and can leave you know, with no worry of things getting cleaned at the house... and that also if we wanted the kids could be left at our house instead of having to figure out what to do with the kids while in labor at our house. So that is something to think about. I can't think renting the house seems simpler. All the mess would be there. We could have the grandparents watch the kids here at our house while we go have the baby instead have trying to have the grandparents here at the house during labor, or trying to figure out where they would go while waiting. I personally don't want others here at the house while i'm laboring, i think and worry about them and get to self conscious with others around. So we will have to think and pray and decide about that.

She decided to do a little check up on me. Took my blood pressure, measure my belly and listened to the heart beat. I measured right on track, 22 weeks and they said the heartbeat sounded like a boy too :) Not that the heartbeat really counts but still it was fun! Also there i weight 120 so two more pounds then i weighted according to my scale, which is all good.

So all was good. And then we headed to the mall to finally let Abby do a Build-A-Bear stuffed animal. There was so many choices on which animal to pick and when asked which one she wanted she would point to a whole bunch of them. Finally the worker came over and picked her seemingly top two. One was a sparkly blue bunny (which is her favorite color) and the other was the penguin. Well she picked the penguin!

It was so cute to watch her. The part where you pick out the heart, rub it in your hands, hold it to your forehead and make a wish and then kiss it, was soooo adorable! I loved watching her.

Anabel when we told her where we were going started to get emotional about Abby picking out an animal so we let her bring in her build a bear monkey and let her pick out something for her monkey. Her and Daddy shopped for accessory while me and Abby stuffed her penguin. Anabel picked out the Rapunzel dress and was soooo happy about that! Over all a very good night!

We came home and i made hamburgers and Bob made sweet potato fries, which i forced myself to eat! LOL



0 comments: