Falling asleep so much!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Taking off where the last post stopped.... Anabel woke up, sat in my lap and i noticed her watching me doing things on the laptop... sooo i turned on 'Happy Feet' on netflix to see if she would like watching that better then me typing. She loves music so the movie really got her attention. She watched in my lap for the longest time, then ended up falling asleep.

After she woke i went to change her diaper and she pee'd once i got the diaper off. I thought i had caught it before it went everywhere but i was wrong... it was all over her in the back, all the way up to her hair SO i decided she needed a bath.

So far she has only taken baths with me in the tub with her, holding her in my arms, but today i didn't want to go threw all that and decided to give her a bath in the bathroom sink.

She loved it! It was a very short bath but while she was in there i did oil her up with baby oil. Once I got her out i laid her out on the bed. She loves being naked...but come on... what baby doesn't right?
I turned her over on her belly and it was so cute! She lifted her head some at first but she was more concentrated on her legs, which were going crazy! She was bringing her knees under like in a crawling position and then would push out.... she just let her head and arms lay on the bed. But she was working so hard with her little legs! She had her cute butt sticking up so high! It was funny.

If i put my arm behind her feet so when she pushed out she actually had something to push against, she would scoot across the bed. I think she will learn how to do her legs quite easily (when it comes to crawling) but she didn't seem that interested in pushing her head and shoulders up... i guess that will come with time.

Daddy came home and started playing with her on the bed. I still hadn't diapered her because she really seemed to enjoy it.

After a while though i thought it would be safer if i had at least i diaper on her.

While we were playing with her on the bed we got a knock on the door with our new shipment of web cams and head sets. We let her play and kick on the bed while we played with our new stuff, setting it up and all that jazz. She ended up falling asleep again all by herself just kicking and playing.

Today has felt really weird because she keeps going to sleep on her. I'm use to holding her and rocking her to sleep every time, it feels weird not to do that for her... but she has seemed extremely happy today so i guess i shouldn't feel all that bad.

I just put a blanket over her and let her sleep with no cloths on. She looked so comfortable!

Once she awoke from that nap i fed her and clothed her and in a few hours i had set her up in a sitting position on the couch and was talking to her and playing... i stopped for a few minutes to turn some music on on the laptop, looked over and she was asleep again! Geeze!
I didn't want to leave her sleeping sitting like that (plus i wanted to cuddle since I'm use to her falling asleep in my arms) so i picked her up, and now she is asleep on my shoulder.

She gets a little more independent everyday. I know it's a good thing but it just keeps it in my mind that she is changing and growing everyday, even if i don't really see it. I know my baby isn't going to be my little newborn for to much longer and part of me is a little sad. But the other is very happy to see her changing. I just want to remember everything because soon she is going to be all grown up!

0 comments: