Out and about

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yesterday Anabel was super good. I had to get up early to make crab Rangoon and egg rolls for the 'Asian' meal after church today (Sunday). And i needed to get it done before 1pm because Mom Risch was picking us up to go shopping in the city with her. Bob decided to help me so we set up the car seat on a chair in the kitchen and Anabel sat in that staring at the hanging butterfly attached to her seat for over an hour... which is so not like her.


(blowing bubbles at the restaurant)
She stayed good the whole time while we were out shopping until on the way home, which she wanted to cry because she was hungry. She stayed awake most of the time while we were out and by the time we got home at around 7pm she wanted to be asleep and stay asleep. The only thing wrong with that is that when she goes to sleep that early she want to get up at like 5am.

So at around 10pm i woke her up and we took a bath. I washed her all up and then baby oiled her all over. She was in such a good mood after that. She wanted to lay there and talk. So i placed her in the center of our bed and let her talk and play. She ended up falling asleep on her own without the pacifier shortly after that. I was amazed with that because if she doesn't have the pacifier she usually wants to be nursed to sleep... but alas my little one is growing up :D

It was about 11:15 then and i had a choice, go to bed or stay up and clean my house which greatly needed it. I decided the latter and stayed up. I got sooooo much cleaned and my house looked so good. I even managed to set out of Sunday cloths for all three of us and packed up her diaper bag... both which i usually have to do early in the morning. Once i laid down to sleep i felt really good about myself. I had alllll the dishes done, all the clean cloths fold and put away, everything picked up in the living room... clean sheets on the bed, all the garbage gathered together and ready to go out by the door, and a load of laundry in the wash. It's nice to wake up to a clean house.

Morning was so much easier since i had done all that. On top of that Bob surprised me with buy donuts and some mocha drink for breakfast so that was a real treat.

But the down fall was that i think gas started bothering Anabel again during the night because she wiggled and wiggled all night all, tossing and turning, that i didn't get much sound sleep. Once during one of her night feedings she fussed and fussed and let out a long series of toots of gas. I felt really bad for her. Yesterday while i had been out with mom, i bought another thing of gas relief drops so i gave her some in the night, and then i have continued to do so today. I hope that really helps her.

Today in church she was great during worship and then ended up falling asleep in Mom Risch's arms but woke up a few minutes later. After that she was fussy. I tried feeding her but she really didn't want that. So i ended up having to leave the service. I changed her diaper and by that time she was bright awake. I ended up going into the kitchen/dinningroom of the church, laid out some blankets on the tables there, so it would be padded, and let her lay there playing and talking. She just wanted to talk and talk... and blow bubbles.

0 comments: