A weird dream.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last night in my dreams…..

~~~~~~~

Something had happened, no one quite knew what it was. In the night anything electronic stopped working, the electricity was down and most cars beside the old ones wouldn’t work. Everyone was declaring it had to be an EMP blast, it was the most logical answer.

People were acting like the world had ended. Many were breaking into homes and stores of any kind to gather things they thought they would need or things they thought would bring money. It had seemed like the normal rules people functioned by had been thrown out the door.

Word got passed around that everyone should head to a city about 120 miles away. Things got spread to quickly that no one knew who came up with this idea or for what reason. Maybe it was because everyone needed something to work towards to keep them busy but they all said that it was because they thought someone there might know what was going on. Everyone moved around as though there was impending danger behind them. As though something or someone was in our path to destroy our home, our town, even the entire would.

We decided to follow the masses general idea and travel to this city. We figured at the rate people were stealing that there would be nothing left if we did stay.

Our whole family was gathered together. I remember my sister crying, mostly because of the feeling of impending danger and that lost feeling you get when everything around you has changed so dramatically but she said “I can’t believe it takes the world falling apart to get the entire family together again!”. If our minds hadn’t be on our survival we might have realized how sadly true that statement was.

We found ourselves stopping at a convenience store. I guess you could say that the store had really became convenient since everyone was grabbing what they wanted and no one thought twice about paying. It had become a free for all. We were there, needing such stuff as water and toilet paper but we were afraid to just take what we needed, that would be stealing and we didn’t want our actions to become sinful. What else could we do then? We decided to take what we needed and leave some money on the counter, knowing that the likelihood of the next person just taking the money was very high, but that would become their own problem, not ours.

My foot had been bothering me for some time since the ‘event’ happened. I took off my shoe and saw that half of my foot had dried up and the skin was hard. I touched it and skin cracked, causing puss to oozing out. My stomach felt like i was going to throw up. Good thing was that my foot didn’t really hurt but this was an obvious problem. I didn’t want to worry my family about it so i stayed quite and looked for something to clean and bandage it. Hopefully that would do the trick. But I was very worried about it and it stayed nagging in the back of my mind.

A man approached us and pulled out a huge roll of cash. He said he wanted to buy our supplies off of us. We declined and he hinted that he needed our stuff one way or another and that he would see us again on I-75. I-75 was the highway that everyone was taking to get to the city. He left with a look of determination on his face that would send chills down anyone's back.

I turned to my family and asked if we were going to be traveling down the highway with everyone? We pulled out a map and searched for a new rout to take. My brother in-law pointed to the railway station and said that was were we should go. For a minute everyone thought he was insane until he explain. “Have you forgotten what happen?” He gave me a glare and explained that they have a very very old train there, one that powers on coal. That we could take that train and get there before everyone else. We all turned to looked at one another in silence. It wouldn’t hurt to at least try his idea out.

After a few hours we were on our way traveling down the railway. Life had become about survival. It was so bad that we couldn’t trust anyone but those in our family. Off in the distance, a mile or so away, we saw the mass of people trekking down the highway. As soon as they caught sight of the train they began to run towards it, waving there hands and yelling. I stood at the window, tears running down my face. I felt like such a terrible person. My family began to reassure one another that they had to do what they were doing. While i understood what they were saying I couldn’t help but think that we were doing a terrible thing. My brother said “They are going to get there one way or another, we are just getting there faster…. The safety of our children is the most important thing right now.” … ‘Yes but what about their children?’ I thought.

Soon the multitude was far behind us. I stayed at the window, holding my little girl. The clouds looked so depressing, as if they knew what was going on and were sad for us. They matched the feeling i had inside, dark and heavy. We would be to city soon, then what would be the plan?

We talked amongst ourselves and decided on a few options but soon our plans became useless. When we got there we found the town empty, stores didn’t looked touched as ours had been back home. What had happened here? We decided to set up camp. We would find the best house to set up base in, something that would be the best option to keep us safe from any intruders. We would stock up our supplies and even guns for protection. Then we would wait for the others to come and braise ourselves.

~~~~~~~~

Of course i added some details to make this more of a story but this is basically the dream i had. You ever wake up from a dream that obviously wasn’t finished and you have this feeling like you know the just of what was going to happen next? (maybe it’s just me, lol)
Anyways i felt like the infection of my foot had something to do with the ‘event’ and that it was going to play a big part in the story. How it was going to play a part I'm not sure… was it highly contagious and going to spread to others? Was it going to turn me into some sort of monster? The possibilities are endless. Either way i knew that it was something dreadful.
Also i had this feeling that Aliens would come into play in the dream.

 the-spiders-predator-spider-alien-wtf-screwed-demotivational-poster-1256668767 Wow i thought that was creepy, LOL. Looked like a neat alien?

0 comments: