Starting Birthing Classes

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thursday me and Bobby started birthing classes at the Life Center here in Ottawa. I really wanted to do the B.Classes at the birthing center but they only offer them on Monday nights and Bobby has a late class on Monday so that would never work (unfortunately). I love the lady that is doing the class with us. She is the only nurse there and she did our first ultrasound too. She is the sweetest lady and a Christian as well (which is always nice). She is happy with my decision to have it at the birthing center. Pretty much everything she taught us in the class i already knew but it's good for Bobby to hear it and be apart of it, so maybe he won't be as scared (LOL yeah right! Right? Hehehe) At the end of the class she worked with us on 'slow breathing', i felt so silly, LOL and Bobby was making a goofy look at me, so it was even harder to be serious. But I do know it is very serious! I think it felt weirder because it was just us three, no other couples... i think if there was other couples doing it and feeling just as odd as us it would have helped, LOL
I'm glad we started them though. She gave me a book, the one that is for the class and I've already read through almost all of it, LOL. Might should not have done that so i wouldn't be bored in the class. Oh well!!!

After the class we went back to the little shop they have and i was able to get some maternity cloths which was awesome! I only have a few sweat pants i can fit into comfortably now and shirts where running thin too. So i was able to get 2 jeans and like 4 shirts. I was surprised they had small shirts cause last time i was there they didn't have any small enough for me and now I'm in medium pants! Can you believe it? I went from xs maternity pants straight to medium, totally bypassed small, LOL. The style of the pants are totally not my thing but at least i have something to wear and they are not horrid.

We also got some adorable little girls cloths there too. Most where Carters brand which is a really nice brand and they where like in new condition so i was excited! I can't wait to dress her up in these pretty little things :)

0 comments: