Preggo Appointment-o

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today i had one of my check-ups at the birthing center. They wanted to do a diabete's test of me so i had to eat a 50 carb. breakfast then be down there to get my blood drawn in an hour. Needles *shivers* i hate them! Anyways the lady pocked me in my right arm, got one vial of blood before she said my vein collasped so she had to go to the other arm to get the second vial. Talk about ouchieness, now both my arms are sore and i know atleast the right arm has a brouse :( Oh well, hopefully this will be the last appointment involving needles!

I met another midwife today, Emily, she just got back from maternity leave herself, so she had her little one with her. She felt my stomach and told me right where Anabels head was, then we listened to the heart beat :) she said it was a strong 150 beats. I've gained a total of 17 pounds total so far, so now i'm 112. I asked bob today 'Do i look like i've gained 17 pounds?' I mean i don't think any part of my body has really gotten bigger then my belly, and even that is very compact. My hips have widened but not noticably.... but hey, i'm cool with that! I guess i'm just carrying it well :D Nothing to complain about you know!

0 comments: