27 - 28 wks

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yes everyone! It's a GIRL! Anabel Rose Risch! Can you believe it? Won't it be so wonderful!!!!! *does a crazy happy dance* I'm so excited! Skirts, flowers, dolls, pretty pinks... so much fun!

Christmas turned out great. I got alot of baby stuff and Heidi bought me little girl shoes, saying she wanted to be the first to give me something girly because she thought that the baby was a girl! We didn't end up opening the envelope telling the sex until a day later on Christmas morning, so she had no idea that she was right! After opening the envelope i called almost everyone telling them the great news. It was so exciting! Josh and Renee got us a pack-n-play which is totally awesome! I'm so glad to check that off my list because that was something i was going to buy if no one bought it for me, so it's awesome that i got it!

27wks info:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle

28wks info:
Baby's eyes started to open, and now they can open and close regularly.
Regardless of what color your eyes or Dad's eyes are, baby's eyes likely will be blue. Eye color doesn't change until several months after birth.

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can open and close her eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before she's batting those beauties at you.

The week after Christmas:

Yeah kinda been an uber sucky week! This last Saturday I started feeling bad, then Sunday it started hitting me and I spent the whole day on the love seat. Then Monday I was suppose to work 2-cl but Sunday night I couldn't sleep at all because I was so sick and my whole body ached like crazy. At about 3am I woke bob up (which actually he was awake cause I was tossing and turning so much he couldn't sleep) I had him bring the living room chair into the bedroom, propped pillows up and put his back massager on it (his Christmas present from me). I don't know, I might have gotten like 30min – 1 hour of sleep, maybe! Next morning I was almost in tears, stressed, totally tired, and in a lot of pain. Jess was suppose to come over for breakfast and to exchange gifts but 10am. Bob left early to my work because he wanted to exchange a mug we had bought there... he mentioned to bill that I was really really sick and that I was going to try to find someone to work for me that day and that if no one could, that we both would be in so bob could help me with my work. Bill told him for me to try and find someone but even if I couldn't, not to come into work at all. So in the end I did get someone to cover for me thank goodness and I called him to let him know, I asked when I worked next and bill said Fri 12-4pm.... so I was relieved because I felt so bad and didn't know when I would be better.

I had to also call my midwife right after I got off the phone with him because we had an appointment at 8am up there in Topeka but bob thought because I was sick, that they wouldn't want to see me cause I was suppose to get blood drawn. Well he was right, they just rescheduled my appointment.

We had a pretty good time with jess sept that I was sick so I couldn't enjoy it near as much. Jess ended up making the pancakes because I felt to weak to stand by the stove for that long. We played some uno, which would have been uber fun if I didn't feel like crap. Jess said she had a bunch of movies we could barrow so she ended up stopping back by later that day to drop some movies off, which was AWESOME cause I totally needed something to take my mind off the pain. We ended up watching like 6 movies or so, LOL. I slept in the living room floor and it was awful!!!!! But because of the floor, no that was better then the bed, the problem was that my arms started cramping like crazy.... I mean horrid and wouldn't let up all night long!!! I ended up waking bob up (around 4am) and asking him to massage my arms (balling my eyes out)... that felt good but didn't take the pain away.... then we went to the tub. I soaked my arms in the hot water while bob sat next to the tub, rubbing my arms and he also put the vaporizer on because I was really congested.... the tub really didn't work either so I went back to the floor/bed and bob put a movie on, and set the heating pad up for my arm that hurt the worst... I slept on and off through the movie... maybe an hour or 1.5 hours crying all in between cause the pain was so horrid. I ended up waking up and watching the end of the movie... by that time it was already almost 8am and I wasn't going to get any more sleep cause bob had to get up and go to his mom and dads house to do the chores. See Tuesday-Thursday we were suppose to house sit cause they were going on a trip to see grandma. Anyways bob left and was back before I knew it, cause I actually slept while he was gone. That day (Tuesday) was the last day on our coupon for the build a bear that jess had given as I gift to get the baby a bear.... bob asked if I was up to going out and getting the bear... my sickness part of it was a lot better but my body was really weak and achy and my arms still hurt... despite that I wanted to get out of the house because I had been in it by myself and sick since Friday (5 days) I told bob that we could, but we would have to take lots of breaks to let me rest. We went up and did the bear then came home.

We made a girl monkey that was pink. We got a shirt, a little skirt and even shoes for the monkey. It is adorable! Now we have alittle monkey family, cause see i already had a boy monkey that we had made at the build-a-bear workshop..... they are really cute!

This is what the monkey's look like:

0 comments: