Prep For Football Season

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

So don't know if i have mentioned this before or not but the football season is coming up soon, meaning i will be expected to show up to as many games as possible since my Hubby is a coach. I have been very very stressed about this. I have had a difficult time in the past years trying to do this with my little girls.

If you can picture me, lugging a double stroller, two big fold-able stadium seats, a huge diaper bag, and a couple blankets all by myself... i'm sure i was a pitiful sight... i sure felt pitiful.

I desperately wanted to change this for this next year... i want to make so much easier on myself.

I have been working on travel activities to help entertain my girls, yet make it easier on me like this one here:


A writing pad and color pencils all connected together so no loose pencil can be thrown, ect. I am also making a homemade iSpy book which is coming along nicely (I think). Also thinking of making clips for there sippy cups so they can;t be thrown.... you know when kids are bored and upset about sitting for so long, they like to throw things, at least mine does (it so embarrassing too!).

Another thing i was going to do was make another diaper bag where i could easily organize my items in pouches, hoping that would eliminate things spilling from my bag when i try to fish something out and so on. Well i got stressed because it looked no matter which way i tried to design my bag, it was going to end up pretty big.... and the last thing i want is to lug another big item!!!

But something came to me! You remember this thing i made:


It's a fold-able stadium seat i sewed the child straps on so keep my kiddos locked in (Kinda like a highchair at the games) These things were amazing and such a bright idea i had.... still it is a big thing to lug, but it does make the game so much nicer! These chairs are even so wide that my tiny girls can share one and still be locked in, which has came in handy when my friend wanted to use one for her son, so my back was getting tired and i wanted one.

Ok back to my breaking idea. I remembered these bags had a pouch on them.

These pouches are on the back of the seat once is it unfolded. When folded there is a flap that goes over the pouch and clips together. I got the bag out and figured out that these pouches can hold most of the items i would be putting in the diaper bag. Now I think i will need to add in another clip so when the seat is opened and strapped into the stadium, the pouch won't hang open all odd.... but i already figured that out and it should be very simple! Only need to some strapping and clips.

So this will bring me down to only needing a bag for sippy cups and treats. Which shouldn't be very big at all!

Now on to another one of my issues.... blankets! During the football season it is only nice for a few of the games and it quickly turns south, getting chilly, then into terribly cold.

Lugging blankets = Not fun and such a headache!

See my oldest is a major blanket hog. She loves cuddling in blanket, but boy no one else better share that blanket or there is pulling and screaming and ... ugh! Of course she gets in trouble for this, but really at the games i am already stressed enough with other things, in no way do i want to be correcting her every couple of minutes. Also blankets on those stadium chairs is really not that easy, there is to many gaps where the wind blows through, and blankets fall off way to easily when you are dealing with children.

So i came up with what i think is a great idea. You ever see one of those blanket pouches that fit on car seats  to keep the baby all snug and warm inside and where they can't wiggle it off? Well i plan on making one for the seats. A blanket pouch that clips onto the seats that they can't kick off and there is no gaps for wind to blow through. Of course i will have to come up with something for myself but still.... hmm maybe i could make one for myself? LOL

0 comments: