Shopping Spree

Friday, March 27, 2015

Yesterday I had to take our little kitty Ellie to the vet to get spayed, shots and nails trimmed. I had to be there between 7:30-8am and the place was 45m away from us, so I have to get everyone up early!

Since I don’t make it to the big city very often, I decided to make a day of it. After I dropped the kitty off we picked up some breakfast and waited for the Dollar Tree to open.

I adore the Dollar Tree. I find so much stuff there that I can use for several things. I love finding school supplies there. Check out my post on my homeschooling blog about what I found this same day that I could use in the school room HERE

 

I have been wanting to get to the Dollar Tree to find things I can use in busy boxes/bags for when the new baby comes.

Here are some things we got:

IMG_3009

  • Two girl coloring books
  • Two boy coloring books
  • Two activity books with paper dolls in them
  • Two puzzles
  • Two metal contraction sets
  • And a game.

IMG_3010

Here they are separated and put in zip lock bags.

I still would like to figure out some more activities for them. Trying to come up with some more.

 

Then I found some things I decided to use as gifts for the two kiddos that is coming up.

Matthew ADORES Curious George and I was excited to find some Curious George items at the Dollar Tree. Then I found this minion activity pack and since their party is Despicable Me themed then I had to grab it.

IMG_3011

Then I grabbed these things for the Rabbit House I want to make the girls for Easter. You might not be able to tell in the picture but the brown tube there is actually wood grain contact paper. I’m going to use that for some flooring in the house. I also want to use the carpet piece as flooring too. The other two contact papers I was thinking could be wall paper. The fabric will either be curtains or pillows or something. The little coaster I thought could be cute rugs! And last but not least the moss rocks, want to place them in the ‘yard’, think that will be cute!

IMG_3015

I have been also planning Abigail’s ‘mermaid’ party that will be in July. I looked up shells and man are they expensive! I saw these are the Dollar Tree and while her party is a long ways away, I know that the Dollar Tree’s stock changes constantly so if I wanted these while they had them.

IMG_3016

 

Then at Wal-Mart I hit the jackpot on Lalaloopsy dolls! Mark down from $10 to $2.50. I got one of each color they had. I’m stuffing this in my gift storage and going to give these to Abby on her birthday. She loves Lalaloopsy! So she is basically covered, gift wise, for her birthday! Yay!

IMG_3012

Labels: , ,

0 comments: