Neverland Party Planning (1)

Monday, February 24, 2014

peterpan-neverlandmap

So when planning for the Neverland party i decided i wanted to do a treasure hunt where inside the treasure chest was gold bricks (filled with candy). I found on amazon.com these gold brick favor boxes:

It’s a 12pk for $5.36

No candy just boxes and the review said they were a great idea but really to small to be good favor boxes

So i decided to try and make my own. I searched for a DIY box outline that would work for me. I couldn’t find one but i did find one that you could purchase and it just so happened to have a small snapshot of what the outline looked like but it was far to small for me to actually use to make my own. Then i got this bright idea to use that idea but make my own in Photoshop and that is just what i did!

Here it is:

gold bar box diy (Click to get full size)

 

My brick is about 1” tall, 2” in width and about 7 1/2” in length

 

Here is a picture of the one i put together. Pardon all the lines on it, i accidentally printed in ‘portrait’ view when it should have been on ‘landscape’ and since i was just trying it out i wasn’t about to waste a piece of card stock lol

20140224_172007-1

Now I'm going to make them with cardstock and then use gold foil gift wrap from Hobby Lobby to wrap them and make them gold and shiny

I’m excited!

0 comments: