Cleaning and Party Planning

Monday, February 24, 2014

For the last few days i have been working on Matthew/Anabel’s birthday parties that are in April. Me and Bob heard a talk show on the Christian Radio last night talking about addictions (mainly they seemed to be talking about video games) but they that anything that makes you think about it even when you aren’t doing it is an addiction. Well i guess i have been addicted to party planning here lately because I've been thinking about it constantly! LOL

The house has been being forgotten, in between homeschooling, taking care of an infant, cooking dinner, party planning ect. I've had little time for house work except for the bare minimum.

The last days of planning I've gotten almost all the party thought up but this morning i worked on getting the details worked out and it put into a party ‘outline’. I also made a list of the DIY projects i plan to do, figured out what supplies i have on hand and what i needed to get. Then i used my OneNote and by using tables worked out my shopping list per store, and about how much it should cost me. Some things are variables that i won’t know the price until i get to the store like on food and candy but the other stuff i worked out. There is a ton of DIY!

Since it’s Matthew’s first birthday we are combining it with Anabel’s since they are only 6 days apart. Later when they are older we will probably do them separately. Our theme is ‘Never Neverland’ so there is a good girl theme and also boy theme. I’m pretty excited about it. Now lets just hope i can get all my DIY projects done in time!

peterpan-neverlandmap

So far all my birthdays up until now i drop the ball on. Like last birthday was Abby’s and i planned a craft and games and when we actually got to the party i totally forgot about the games and crafts. I felt like such a failure!

This time i made myself a party outline, outlining all the activities and which ones should go first. Hopefully this will help me keep everything on track! I’m still learning!

 

Then i decided to switch gears and work on the house. The girls helped me with this a lot by picking up the clutter.

After lunch Matthew woke up from his nap him and the girls went into the girls room for quiet time while i cleaned more. I:

  • Did the dishes
  • Cleaned the bathroom counter, sink and toilet
  • Swept bathroom, hall and dinning room
  • Mopped living room, bathroom, hall and dinning room
  • Vacuumed living room and dinning room
  • and started laundry

i feel good about what ive done so far but my brain is still going on what i should do next!

Labels: ,

0 comments: