Full Day :)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Today was good but long! I woke up when Bob got up at 6am and i didn't feel like i could go back to sleep so i got up, Anabel followed shortly and then Abby a few minutes afterwards.

Since i started a schedule for myself things are started to go more smoothly around here. I haven't followed the schedule every day but i have tried. One thing is that i started doing baths in the mornings. I know most would say that baths should be and night before bed but with the girls and their crazy hair, it just works out better to do baths int he morning so i can fix their hair nicely. Plus they are girls and typically they don't get very dirty. On days like today where they were dirty i just wiped them down with a rag before bed and they will wait till tomorrow for baths.

So came the hour i had marked as 'flylady flight plan'. Love that site... it helps kick my butt into gear and it gives you things to do that don't take a lot of time but really is great things you need to do. Today's was 'Master Bedroom' and the task was 'under the bed'. So like most days i go a tad further. I pushed my bed to the side, swept all under it and mopped the entire floor counting under the bed. I also went in and totally cleaned Hubby's closet and mopped it and did the same to my closet, and made our bed. So it looks really good. I peaked ahead to tomorrow and tomorrows task is wiping all door jams and base boards.... it's things like that that i never would have thought of but they are great ideas! That's why i love that site! My Sis got me started on it :) Thanks!

Then after that my friend txt me and said she was heading to the park in a few minutes with her son and wanted to know if we might want to join her. Since we were all bathed, dressed and hair done (because of my lovely schedule) we were able to throw on our shoes and head out.

We got to the park about 10:30am and didn't leave till about noon. Then we came home and since the girls saw several people having pic-nics they asked to have one too. So i took their play table out on the front porch and we had our little pic-nic out there.

Then it was nap time. During nap time i watched a couple shows while i browsed the web, then i decided to actually do something. I had found a neat site about making a 'Quiet Book'. Her idea's where really good, plus i had bought a box of felt years ago at a garage sale and had never used any of it. I don't have all the fabric i want but i had enough to do this:


This is for counting (DUH right hehe) When the girls got up my littlest loved scooting the beads but my oldest was really into counting them. It was so nice to see her playing with it. I think it's a great toy, plus something i can use to help her practice her counting. I'm looking forward to making others that i can use as a learning tool.

After all that i took the girls in the back yard. My oldest took her toy watering can and helped me water my garden, she loved that. Then i ended up sweeping the patio and hosing off the outdoor carpet out there which was covered in grass clippings from the lawn being mowed a few days ago. The girls loved playing in the water that drained off the carpet.

It feels like a lot was jammed into this day. Usually i don't think i get all this done. The schedule i think really helps.

Now to start again tomorrow :)

0 comments: