Chit chat and thoughts

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Last night Bob and i were talking before we fell asleep. He was talking about all the extra work he signed up for at school and i was expressing my dislike for that LOL I know he works hard and does everything he can to provide and he does a great job of it. I just wish things didn't have to be so and wish he could spend more time at home.

Part of the conversation:

"Isn't it so weird that we married each other" I said "I mean what made you pick a geek? It would seem that you being a jock and all you would have went for a cheerleader or something" Which was the type of girls he had dated before me. "And i always thought i was going to marry a geek!"
I said those chicks must have been to social for him since he is more of a recluse.
He said "Yeah i don't know why more people aren't that way. I like my bubble, like I am the guy on King of Queens... willing to lift up my shirt and show them my chest hair to scare them off.... i like our bubble just the way it is."
You would have had to of seen that episode of King of Queens to know just what he is saying. We got quite a laugh out of that!
I told him i thought it was because really he was a geek underneath and that when he met me he was all "Man i wish i could as cool as she is" Hehehe

The conclusion is that opposites attract... even if that can cause some friction, but you can always work through it.

While he might adore sports and i couldn't care less about them you learn that there is a lot things you do have in common.

We both enjoy:

  • Art (i envy what he gets to do at work. I wish i knew how to do pottery or have the time to practice my Photoshop skills like he does.)
  • Sewing (yes he sews)
  • Woodworking
  • Video games (me more so though)
  • Cooking
  • Decorating the house
He has even sat and spent hours with me making jewelry. Or got up and danced for hours with me and his family on the Wii.

Yes he is a rough and tough manly man and he proves that you can be a real man and do all these other things as well :)

0 comments: