A Heart of Thanksgiving

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I think we should ponder what God has done for us in this year. I know Thanksgiving is on the 25th but even on that day how much of it is spent in reflecting all of our blessings? Be honest, most of the time we take time in praying a nice prayer over the Thanksgiving meal but we get so caught up in family and preparations of the holiday that that is about it.

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.

Psalm 9:1

Let us take some time to reflect. Can you list some things you count as blessings? Like i was told on Sunday, blessings are not just the thing we consider ‘good’… God can bless us through giving us hard times… those things that mold and shape us into a better stronger person.

Some things God has blessed me in:

  • Bob got a job right out of college. It is awesome. And with that we have made some friends, which is great… you can never have to many of those!
  • We had another beautiful baby girl, Abigail. Her smiles just make my day sooo much better! Anabel is growing and getting bigger all the time. She is so funny to watch and play with. Each day she does something new and adorable. I love my girls and watching them grow!
  • We were blessed to buy a new home. Oh how sweet that has been! I love having a home to call my very own, to paint and decorate how ever we want! Hehe. God gave us this big home for a reason, i can’t wait to see what he has in store for us.
  • Recently we had a hard financial time where we didn’t know what we were going to do. Then God showed us a way and we are so thankful! Things aren’t perfect financially but at least He showed us the way! I think it has helped my faith, although i need more!
  • I also am thankful for my family. I have been given a great family that has seen me through hard times and good.

Would you take time and write some things that God has done for you this year? I would love to hear it!

0 comments: