Contractions?

Friday, February 27, 2009

I never told you about Monday the 16th. I started having these weird feelings, it wasn't like what i was use to feeling with BraxtonHicks. By the time i came into work my belly was contracted and hard as a rock and not relaxing at all. I told my boss Bill i wasn't feeling right and that i thought i should take it easy. He told me to go sit down until i felt better. Well i didn't feel better, just got my nervous as the tension on my belly didn't let up, (for hours). Bob ended coming to the coffee shop to see if i should go home. He had me call and talk to my mom. I finally chose to go home because it just wasn't letting up and frankly i was getting worried.
Bob called his mom because he had to go to a night class and he didn't want to leave me alone. So he had her come and sit with me. He really wanted me to call the midwives but i didn't want to look stupid.
BUT the midwife called me that night to tell me about my Iron levels because they had taken my blood to check them. Before she got off the phone i ended up telling her what was going on and she said that i needed to rest and that if it was still the same in the morning that i should come in and get checked.
Well in the morning it was still the same so i called them up and told them. Norla told me to just come on in and get monitored for awhile. So that is what we did. She told me i was having contractions but they where mild enough that she wanted me to just wait it out and that it might end and not lead into actual labor. She said i needed to be on bed rest for at least 3 days and just drink water like crazy and that that should make them stop. She did check me though, said i was dilated to a 2 and effaced some but that the plug was still in there and everything.

To make a long story short, i'm back to work and no baby yet. The contractions have stopped for the most part.

The ladies at the Life Center where talking and was saying because of this and me being dilated some and effaced that i might have in the next week or two and not make it to the end of March. They said this because we are suppose to be having full moons and storms, which they say always makes girls go into labor.

We shall see!

0 comments: