Matthew

Saturday, June 8, 2013

So a few things....

If you have been around Matthew you might have heard the sounds he makes when breathing sometimes. I did some look up to see possible reasons for it. The closest i have found is:

Deep raspy sound: A blockage in the trachea (which is in the neck) makes a deep raspy sound during breathing. This sound is rarely due to a blockage, because the trachea is pretty big. More often, it is caused by a harmless condition called tracheomalacia, in which the tissues of the trachea are soft and flexible and make noise when the infant breathes in and out. This doesn't really cause significant trouble with breathing. This noise is louder when the infant is lying on his back and improves when he is upright.

Also i read this usually corrects it's self by 18-24 months of age.
Everything i looked into about asthma (which was the first thing that came to mind for noisy breathing) does not seem to be Matthews problem since all the symptoms/warnings signs are not what he is doing. So that's a good thing.
I haven't worried about this to much since he has never seemed to have trouble breathing, no gasping or anything, just loud when he breaths.

Did i mention he snores too? lol

Secondly:
Matthew has be quite the drooly baby for the last couple of weeks. I was noted commenting a week or so ago on my babyfit team about how Matthew has been biting me while nursing. Well tonight i was holding him and he found my arm. He sat there gnawing on my arm for sometime, drool everywhere, running down my arm and soaking his clothes. He seemed happy sitting there chewing on me, not like he was hungry which usually involves hyperventilating type grunting/crying.

So the thought jumped into my head 'Surely he's not teething already? He's only 8 weeks old!'. I looked it up and read typically teething starts about 3-12 months of age.
I mentioned this on my babyfit team to see what the other ladies had heard or thought about it. One lady said her pediatrician looks for teething at their 4 week appointment because babies can start that early.

I feel so unprepared for him to be teething this early, so i hope that is not what it is.

I felt like i was learning him pretty well and we were getting into a routine but the last couple of days his naps have become very short and he wants to stay awake almost all day it seems. He also has been stay awake quite late. The other day he was awake from 9 - past midnight. Last night he crashed about 11pm... tonight is earlier 10:40pm.

0 comments: