1 Cup Diet

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So Bob decided me and him should start a new diet. We started yesterday. I don't know if this is an actual 'diet' diet or just something Bob came up with but it is 6 meals of only a 1 cup of food each. Smaller portion, more meals.

We are not sure how to do some of the dishes like rice... since you cook it and it puffs up. Last night i made fried chicken and rice (one of my favorite meals) and i cooked 1 C of rice thinking, half for each person of us and then 1/2 C chicken. But after cooking the rice there was a lot more there then 1 C.... so i just measured out the cooked rice.

Or what about Waffles? In my waffle machine i have always done 1/4 C batter per waffle... so i was thinking 1 C would equal 4 waffles, but then again they puff up? So i'm not sure what to do with that LOL

Other then those problem foods, it's surprising how much food is 1 C. It's more of a stretch for Bob but for me it's just cutting back a little bit.

Like last night for my last meal/snack of the day (after we had dinner) i was happy to find out my chocolate candy bars in there was only 1.45oz LOL My thing lately is to sit down with my computer after the kids have went to sleep and do my blogs or games... or read my book. I love to snack on sunflower seeds. So i sat down with 1 C of sunflower seeds and a candy bar.... since with sunflower seeds with the shells on them you really only are eating about 1/2 of the amount. Anyways... i didn't even finish half of it LOL

So it's going really good so far, as long as i remember to eat my in between meals which might be hard for me.

0 comments: